Tommie Women's Track and Field recorded several top-10 MIAC times and marks at Wednesday's Minnesota Gopher Twilight meet in Minneapolis. No team scores were kept, with approximately 12 local teams represented.
Other top St. Thomas performances included:
- Katelyn Marciniak took fifth in the 200 dash (25.79);
- Anna Smith (12.78) and Claire Chell (12.82) placed 3-4 in the 100 dash;
- Carly Schueuerman (2:18.60) and Anna Kroll (2:20.75) placed 5-7 in the 800 meters;
- Grace McGuire placed seventh in the 400 (60.92);
- Berit Borstad had a season-best in the hammer throw (151-1);
- Katie Breuckman (12:19.06) and Bridget Schmitt (12:31.68) placed 2-4 in the steeplechase;
- Jordan Sifferle and Mariah Terhaar (each 10-11 3-4) and Kendall Novak (10-6) placed 4-5-6 in the pole vault;
- Taylor Quandt (33-11 1-2) and Sarah Bruess (33-4 1-2) placed 5-7 in the triple jump.
Four Tommies had strong performances last week leading into the Easter weekend:
Kendall Novak cleared an MIAC best mark of 11-3 3-4 in the pole vault at the Carleton Relays last Saturday;
Tommie Women's Track and Field will have athletes competing over the next eight days at various competitions.
On Wednesday late afternoon and evening, several Tommie will be in action at the University of Minnesota's Women's Twilight meet on the Gophers' new track and field facility in Minneapolis.
The Tommies will have five athletes (two relays) competing this weekend at the Drake Relays in Des Moines, plus another group in action Saturday at Macalester's annual invitational meet.
The annual Tommie Twilight is set for next Wednesday, May 1 at O'Shaughnessy Stadium.